Your privacy is important to us, therefore we want you to know that any information given and held by us will be safe and secure.
The following policy explains why and what personal data Andrews Signs & Engravers Ltd collects from you through our interactions with you and how we subsequently use that data. Andrews Signs and Engravers Ltd is a ‘Data Controller’, as defined by Article 4 (7) of GDPR. This means that we determine the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your personal data is processed. We have a responsibility to you and your personal data and will only collect and use this in ways which are compliant with current data protection legislation.
Please read our Terms and Conditions for further information on the use of our site.
We reference and link to third party sites. Please make sure to read all third-party terms and conditions as well as their privacy policies carefully before providing any personal information.
We cannot accept responsibility or liability for information provided to third parties that link to our site.
In this policy, we will take you through:
- The personal data we collect
- How we use your personal data
- How we process your personal data
- Sharing your personal data
- Children’s personal data
- Retention of personal data
- Your rights
- Links to other websites
- Changes to this policy and
- How to contact us
PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT
Depending on the services accessed, we may collect information which includes, but is not limited to your name, telephone number, email address, billing and payment information (including billing contact name, address, telephone number and credit card information), employer details, age, and/or a postal address which may be necessary in order for us to process payment and deliver our products and services. We will need to store credit card information with third-parties and use it for both billing and payment purposes to facilitate our invoicing and payment processes.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our sites (www.andrewssigns.co.uk, www.railsigns.com, www.cyclestickers.co.uk, www.trophiesforschools.co.uk, www.wheeliebinnumbers.co.uk) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you fill out a contact form on our site, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site.
We use third-party providers who may have access to your personal details to collect personal data on our behalf and provide customer insight through the analysis of data.
Your information is stored in a secure database hosted by a third-party which we use to generate our email marketing campaigns.
We cannot accept responsibility or liability for information provided to third-party suppliers.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
Andrews Signs and Engravers Ltd uses the data we collect to communicate with you, for example:
- To communicate and inform you about your orders, invoices and enquiries.
- To maintain our own accounts and records
- To send you marketing information
- To coordinate with suppliers regarding your orders
- To deal with subcontractors regarding your order
- To help manage staff performance
HOW WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
Andrews Signs and Engravers Ltd will only collect and process your personal data in accordance with data protection laws. We process the data collected based on the following grounds:
Your data may be used and processed where you have consented for us to do so for the following purposes:
- To receive communications from us, including but not limited to, receiving information via telephone or e-mail address about orders you have placed
- To share your personal data with our recommended third-party partners for them to contact you
- To maintain our own accounts and records
- To maintain customer information
- To maintain supplier information
- To inform individuals of news, events or promotions
Consent may be withdrawn at any time.
FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF A CONTRACT
Your personal data may be used and processed where it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
We may use your data to contact you where it is believed that the processing of the data will prevent or reduce any potential harm to you or if we need to communicate any important information to you.
We may use and process your personal data where we have legitimate business reasons for us to do so as a business for the following purposes:
- To collect data obtained through our interaction with members and allies for research, analysis, profiling, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes including the optimisation of service delivery and to improve our allies’ experience,
- For marketing activities (other than where we rely on your consent), for example, where we contact you regarding a service which closely relates to a previous service which you had engaged,
- To correspond and communicate with you,
- To have an understanding of you as a customer or supplier,
- To enforce or protect our contractual or other legal rights or to bring or defend legal proceedings,
- For network and information security to enable us protect your data against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access and;
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your data to third-parties who are, but not limited to, our suppliers in the following instances:
- Where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of membership and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or any of our members, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Where this is part of a sale or purchase of any business or assets
- Where we work with third-parties to offer products and services which are complementary to ours or for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf.
- Appropriate safeguards, for example, contracts, are put in place to secure any data shared and ensure that they are used accordingly.
CHILDREN’S PERSONAL DATA
We do not collect, process or store information on children under the age of 16, other than names for trophy engraving. This data is destroyed following engraving.
If you are under 16 years of age, please do ensure you get your parents or guardian’s permission before you access this site or provide us with your personal data.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Andrews Signs and Engravers will only retain your data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes set out in this policy. The data is held for as long as your account is active, unless you request that it is deleted. If you have registered for any of our services and we do not hear from you for a reasonable time, we may contact you to ensure that you are still happy to be receiving any communication from us.
Please note that even if we do delete your personal information on request, it may persist on back-ups or archives for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
If you no longer want Andrews Signs and Engravers Ltd to use your information to provide services to you in any capacity, you may contact us to close your account. Andrews Signs and Engravers will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations for example, if we are required to retain your information to comply with applicable tax laws, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and as otherwise described in this policy.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the data that we hold about you by emailing or writing to us at the address provided at the end of this policy. If we are not sure of your identity, we may require you to provide further information in order for us to confirm who you are.
- You have the right to request that we correct your data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to request that we erase your data in certain circumstances.
- You have the right to object and/or request that we restrict our processing of your data in certain circumstances.
- You can opt out of receiving any marketing information which we send you. If you would like to withdraw your consent to receive any direct marketing to which you previously opted-in, you can do so using the unsubscribe link or writing to us at the address below.
- If we process your information based on our legitimate interests, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing it, in which case we will let you know why we are continuing to process your personal information.
- Reasonable efforts will be used in line with our legal duty to provide you with your rights in accordance with data protection legislation.
- You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Officefor information, advice or to make a complaint.
- If you require any further information, or wish to exercise any other right, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
As your personal data is important to us, we store and process your data in accordance with the data protection legislation. We use technical and organisational security measures to protect the personal data supplied by you and managed by us against manipulation, loss, destruction, and access by third-parties.
Sometimes, the data we collect from you may be processed by some of our third-parties which operate outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We, however, ensure that all third-parties have appropriate security measures in place which are in line with the UK data protection legislation.
We endeavour to ensure that data collected by us is secure but we are unable to guarantee its security. By using our Site, you accept the risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
Cookies are small pieces of information sent to your device to allow our websites and online services collect data. They enable our systems (among other things) to save your preferences and settings and analyse the performance of our websites and online services.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Though there may be links to other websites on our website, we are not in control of the other websites and our policy does not apply on those websites. We encourage that you read their privacy policies. We disclaim any responsibility for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them through our websites.
In addition, we disclaim any responsibility for the privacy policies and practices of third-party websites if you connected unto our website through them. Again, we encourage that you read their privacy policies.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may review this policy from time to time and any changes will be notified to you by posting an updated version on our website. We recommend you regularly check for changes and review this policy when you visit our website.
If you have any questions, suggestions or complaints about the processing of your personal data or wish to contact us to amend/update your marketing preferences, please contact us either by email or by writing to us at:
Rawcliffe Industrial Estate